Delhi COVID Situation Under Control, City to Record Less Than 5,000 Cases Today, Says Jain | Key Points
Delhi COVID Cases Latest News: Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia had yesterday hinted at opening schools saying that "a generation of children will be left behind if we do not open schools now".
New Delhi: As the national capital continues to witness a dip in COVID-19 cases, health minister Satyendar Jain on Thursday said that the situation is under control across the city and the positivity rate will also from the existing 10 per cent. “The Covid situation is in control. Today Delhi will report less than 5,000 cases and the positivity rate will also come down from the existing 10 per cent,” news agency ANI quoted Jain as saying.
His statement comes amid a high-level Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) meeting wherein decision regarding the easing of Covid restrictions might be taken. Yesterday, it was reported that the Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government is reportedly mulling to lift curbs such as weekend curfew and odd-even rule for markets and malls
You may like to read
The COVID situation is in control. Today Delhi will report less than 5,000 cases and the positivity rate will also come down from the existing 10%: Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain pic.twitter.com/9Tc22ZkXZU
— ANI (@ANI) January 27, 2022
COVID-19 Situation in Delhi: Here’s your 10-point cheatsheet to this big story
- DDMA meeting under the chairmanship of Lt Governor Anil Baijal is underway. Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal is also present in the virtual meeting.
Delhi Lt Governor Anil Baijal chairing DDMA meeting over #COVID19 situation in the national capital. Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal is also present in the virtual meeting.
(File pics) pic.twitter.com/bZRTI9V8gx
— ANI (@ANI) January 27, 2022
- The government may allow cinema halls and dine-in facilities to operate at 50 per cent capacity in the wake of a dip in COVID-19 cases.
- Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal has also called a high-level meeting with Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) officials in this regard.
- “There is a meeting tomorrow. Weekend curfew, odd-even, and opening of all shops in the markets and malls are expected to be lifted from this week or next week but the exact dates will be discussed in the meeting by the CM and the L-G. Cinema halls and restaurants may also be allowed to function at 50 per cent capacity,” Indian Express had reported quoting sources.
- Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia had yesterday hinted at opening schools saying that “a generation of children will be left behind if we do not open schools now”.
- The schools in Delhi were closed again on December 28 due to the fear of the Omicron-led third Covid wave after being briefly reopened.
- Yesterday, Delhi reported a marginal rise in Covid cases at 7,498, against 6,028 cases reported the previous day and 29 fresh fatalities.
- The fresh Covid infections pushed the tally to 18,10,997, and the death toll to 25,710. Yesterday, the positivity rate stood at 10.59 per cent.
- With the Covid recovery rate climbing at 96.46 per cent , the active Covid cases rate in Delhi stands at 2.11 per cent while the death rate continues at 1.42 per cent.
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Read more on Latest Delhi News on India.com.