New Delhi: Two JD(S) workers were killed and five others went missing after coordinated blasts rocked Sri Lanka on Sunday. The workers were touring in Sri Lanka when the blasts ripped through parts of Colombo, shattering a decade of peace in the island nation. Also Read - Govt Permits Pakistan PM Imran Khan to Use Indian Airspace For His Maiden Visit To Sri Lanka

The High Commission of India in Sri Lanka on Monday confirmed the death of two Indian nationals, K G Hanumantharayappa and M Rangappa in the bomb blasts in Sri Lanka yesterday. So far, deaths of 5 Indian nationals have been confirmed. Also Read - Coronavirus: Sri Lanka To Vaccinate 225 Parliamentarians From Tuesday

External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj offered her condolences to the families of the bereaved. “I’m deeply shocked at the loss of our JD(S) party workers, whom I know personally. We stand with their families in this hour of grief,” Swaraj said. Also Read - This Country Will Resume International Flights After Christmas

Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy said he was shocked to hear that a 7-member team of JDS workers from Karnataka has gone missing after bomb blasts. He added, “I’m in constant touch with the Indian High Commission on reports of those missing.”

The death toll in the deadly attack on Tuesday rose to 290. More than 500 people were wounded in the deadliest violence in a decade.

According to ANI, at least 24 suspects have been arrested so far. However, the details of the people in the custody have not been disclosed yet.

Notably, a string of eight powerful blasts, including suicide attacks, struck churches and luxury hotels frequented by foreigners in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday.