New Delhi, Mar 21: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday issued notice to all accused, including A Raja and M Kanimozhi, in the 2G Spectrum case on the appeal filed by Enforcement Directorate (ED) and Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). Next date of hearing is May 25. Also Read - PNB Scam Case: After Nirav Modi Loses Legal Fight, India Says Will Liaise With UK For His Early Extradition | Key Points

Court while issuing notice on interim application granted status quo order with regard to attached property which means that the property remains with the ED, Rajeev Awasthi, Advocate representing ED in 2G Spectrum case said. Also Read - CBI Summons TMC Leader Abhishek Banerjee's Wife in Coal Smuggling Case Weeks Ahead of Bengal Polls

“Deprived party can go for appeal, that is a statutory right… Suppose if I am convicted am I not entitled to appeal? That is quite natural, noting special.. it was 100% anticipated,” A Raja, one of the accused in 2G Spectrum case, said. Also Read - Toolkit Case: Climate Activist Disha Ravi to be Produced in Patiala High Court Today

While CBI filed an appeal on Tuesday, the ED had moved the Court on Monday.

In a surprising judgment, a special CBI court had last year acquitted all key accused, including A Raja, in the Rs 30,000 crore 2G spectrum allocation case.

Special CBI judge O.P. Saini had cleared the 19 accused of all charges, rejecting the case presented by the agency, citing lack of “prosecutable evidence”.

Earlier on March 12, the Supreme Court directed the CBI and ED to complete probes and close all cases related to the 2G scam within six months.

(Inputs from ANI)