Himachal Pradesh Statehood Day: CM Jai Ram Thakur Announces Benefits for Employees, Pensioners; 31 Per Cent DA
Jai Ram Thakur said that his government had implemented the new pay scale from this month, benefitting 2.25 lakh employees.
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur on Thursday announced a slew of financial benefits for employees, pensioners, police personnel. With an aim to woo the voters of the state before the Assembly Polls scheduled this year-end, the chief minister also made electricity free for the consumers.
Thakur said that his government had implemented the new pay scale from this month, benefitting 2.25 lakh employees. It is important to note that the move has put an additional burden of Rs 6,000 crore annually on the state exchequer.
You may like to read
“It has come to my notice that employees were not getting proper benefits under the two options which they have been given to opt from. Now, a third option will be given and if there is still some shortcoming, the government will reconsider their demands and decide accordingly,” Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur said according to a Hindustan Times report.
Here are some of the key announcements made by CM Thakur:
- CM Thakur on Thursday announced financial benefits for pensioners, police personnel besides free electricity for consumers.
- BJP-led Himachal government had implemented the new pay scale from this month, benefitting 2.25 lakh employees.
- The Chief Minister announced enhanced dearness allowance for the state government employees
- The state government employees will be given 31% DA, CM Thakur Announced
- DA will be given from the due date and it cost the exchequer ₹500 crore.
- Pensioners would be given benefits on the basis of the Punjab Pay Commission, which will benefit 1.75 lakh pensioners
- Domestic consumers will be provided free electricity up to 60 units
- Consumers, whose electricity consumption is up to 125 units, will be charged Rs 1 per unit instead of ₹1.90
- This will help over 11 lakh customers
- Per-unit cost of electricity for the farmers will also be cut to 30 paise from 50 paise
The chief minister also announced enhanced dearness allowance for the state government employees. He said that the government had announced 28% DA on revised pay scales.
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Read more on Latest Business News on India.com.