7th Pay Commission Latest News Today: The Central Government who are waiting for a hike in minimum pay and fitment factor beyond 7th Pay Commission recommendations still haven’t heard from the Narendra Modi-led government over their demand of Rs 8,000 increase in the salaries and a raise of fitment factor from 2.56 to 3.68 times. However, in the past few weeks, the government has made several announcements in their favour which have kept a ray of hope in them alive. Let us look at the major announcement made by the Modi government for CG employees, demanding benefits beyond 7th Central Pay Commission or 7th CPC recommendations. Also Read - 7th Pay Commission Latest News: Diwali Bonus Announced For These Govt Employees | Check Details
1. The Centre has increased its contribution to the National Pension Scheme (NPS) from 10 per cent to 14 per cent. The government’s contribution has been hiked for those Central government employees who are covered under the NPS Tier-I. The move is likely to benefit 18 lakh CG employees. Also Read - 7th Pay Commission Latest News: Central Govt Employees Likely to Get Hike in Dearness Allowance From This Date | Check Details
2. Besides the hike in NPS contribution, the government has also removed the income tax imposed on withdrawal. The same was being demanded by the Central Government employees since a long time and a positive announcement in this regard has brought a major relief to them. Also Read - 7th Pay Commission Latest News: Ahead of Diwali, Maharashtra Govt Announces Rs 2000 Allowance For Anganwadi Workers
3. The New Year is likely to bring more cheer to the Central Government employees as the government is reportedly mulling a new method, based on the 7th Pay Commission recommendations, to decide on pay hikes and promotions. A decision on the same is likely in the initial months of 2019. Under the new method, the CG employees may get a salary hike on the basis of their performance. The promotion and salary hike would also depend on the online rating given to the employees by public.
4. There is something in store for the Central and state government employees who have been agitating for the restoration of Old Pension Scheme (OPS). Recently, Cabinet Secretary PK Sinha had assured that a discussion on the matter will be held in next Cabinet meeting.
5. The BSNL and Indian Railways employees who are protesting for pay hike may also get a good news soon. The Central government is likely to announce something positive for them, a report claimed.
These moves by the BJP are being seen as a way of maintaining its stronghold across the country in the wake of the upcoming Lok Sabha Elections. The party has faced a major drub in the recently concluded Assembly Elections 2018.