7th Pay Commission Latest News: Salary hike has been announced for the government employees of not one or two but at least five states. The development comes just a few days ahead of the announcement of Lok Sabha Elections 2019 schedule by the Election Commission of India (ECI). The hike in salaries of the government employees in these five states comes with an increase in Dearness Allowance (DA) and Dearness Relief (DR) under 7th Pay Commission recommendations.
(7th Pay Commission Latest News)
The announcement of pay hike for the state government employees by their respective governments has been made in tune with the Union Cabinet’s announcement of a hike of 3 per cent in DA and DR for the central government employees and pensioners. The move benefits 1.1 crore CG employees and pensioners and will come into effect from January 1, 2019.
List of States to Announce Salary Hike For Employees:
- Among the five states, Bihar is the latest one to announce DA and DR hike for its government employees and pensioners. The Nitish Kumar government in the state has increased the dearness allowance and dearness relief by 3 per cent taking it from 9 per cent to 12 per cent. The move will come into effect from January 1, 2019 and will benefit around 4 lakh state government employees and six lakh pensioners. It will put an additional annual burden of Rs 1,100.94 crore on the state exchequer.
- Another state which has made a similar announcement a few days back is Uttarakhand. The Trivendra Singh Rawat-government in the Cabinet meeting on Sunday agreed to a 3 per cent DA and DR hike for state employees and pensioners. The increase from 9 per cent to 12 per cent under 7th Pay Commission will come into retrospective effect from January 1, 2019. The move will benefit around 2.5 lakh government employees and pensioners.
- A few days back, the salary hike with regard to a 3 per cent increase in DA and DR under 7th Pay Commission was announced for the employees and pensioners in Jammu and Kashmir. The decision was taken at the State Administrative Council (SAC) meeting in Jammu which was held under the chairmanship of Governor Satya Pal Malik.
- A pay hike was also announced for the employees of Odisha under 7th Pay Commission. The state government announced a 3 per cent hike in the Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief for its employees and pensioners. At least 7 lakh employees will get the 12 per cent DA and DR benefit retrospectively from January 1, 2019. The move will put an extra burden of Rs 500 crore on the state exchequer.
- Meanwhile, the Rajasthan government had recently hiked the Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief for its employees from 9 per cent to 12 per cent. The move will benefit 8.5 lakh employees and 3.5 lakh pensioners of the state government and put a financial burden of Rs 1,435 crore on the state exchequer.
The DA hike announcement comes amid the wait of 50 lakh Central government employees for Narendra Modi government’s nod to their demands for an increase in minimum pay and fitment factor beyond 7th Pay Commission recommendations.