New Delhi, Mar 5: The deadlines for linking your Aadhaar number to your bank accounts and sim cards is approaching fast. The last day to link your Aadhaar with bank account and sim card is March 31, 2018. The deadline to link your Aadhaar with mobile wallets was February 28. Also Read - Want to Make Online Appointment at Aadhaar Seva Kendra? Follow Step-by-step Guide Here
Meanwhile, a month before the deadline ends, a UIDAI official has reportedly said that around 80 per cent of bank accounts and 60 per cent of mobile connections have been linked with national biometric identifier Aadhaar. Out of the 109.9 crore banks accounts, almost 87 crore have been seed with Aadhaar, said the official. Also Read - Aadhaar Card Latest Update: Now You Can Change Address, Date of Birth And Important Details Online | Follow These Steps
Here’s how you can Link Aadhaar to SIM via OTP in easy steps: Also Read - Want to Link Aadhaar Card With PAN? Here’s How to do it From Your Phone | Details Here
- You need to message the Aadhaar number from the registered mobile number at a number provided by their service providers.
- The service providers (Airtel, Vodafone, Idea Cellular, etc.) will then do a demographic verification of the number.
- Once the verification process is over, the service provider will send OTP request to UIDAI.
- Soon after, the UIDAI will send the OTP to the mobile number.
- The user is requested to send this OTP to the registered mobile number
- With this step, the e-KYC verification process gets completed.
It has to be noted that Aadhaar-based e-KYC is essential for subscribers going for new SIMs. Moreover, the government has asked mobile operators to re-verify existing prepaid and postpaid customers, with the help of the 12-digit unique identity number.
You can also visit your service provider to get your Aadhaar linked with your SIM card.
To link your Aadhaar to your bank account, you need to visit your bank branch with your Aadhaar card. You can also link your Aadhaar number to your Provident Fund Account online with these steps.