Hours after actor Alok Nath “neither denied nor agreed” to the rape allegations by a famous woman producer, the victim said that he didn’t deny it even when she had written about the incident years ago. Speaking at a press conference, a day after alleging that the most “sanskaari” man Alok Nath had raped her “endlessly”, she said that now he’s scared while she feels fearless.
“He did not deny it even in 2003, 2004 and 2005 when I had written about it. Now I am feeling fearless, he is feeling scared,” she said. She further said that she will have her next course of action ready by tomorrow morning. Asserting that he should feel ashamed, she said, “I am meeting consultants and advisors today evening, so by tomorrow, I will have the next course of action ready. I am not ashamed of anything, it is he who should feel ashamed.”
Earlier in the day, alleged rape accused Alok Nath said that he would neither deny or agree to the rape allegations against him and added that it (the rape) “might have happened but someone else would have done it”. “Neither I am denying this nor do I would agree with it. It (rape) must have happened, but someone else would have done it. Well, I do not want to talk much about it as for the matter if it has come out, it will be stretched,” he said.
On Monday, Tara producer alleged that she was raped by the lead actor of the serial nearly 20 years ago. She also alleged that Nath had also sexually harassed another lead actress of the show. “He continued to drink till the time he was called for the shot. When the moment came and the camera rolled, he felt up our female lead and very viciously.” (Read: Do You Know Alok Nath Was Sued by His Tara Co-Star Navneet Nishan in 1994?)
Writing down her own horror, she wrote: “I can remember more liquor being poured into my mouth and I remember being violated endlessly. When I woke up the next afternoon, I was in pain. I hadn’t just been raped, I was taken to my own house and had been brutalised. I couldn’t get up for my bed. I told some of my friends but everybody advised me to forget about it and move on.”
Meanwhile, Mukesh Bhatt, President of the Film and Television Producers Guild of India told ANI that the producer’s guild is forming a committee to look into the different allegations of sexual harassment and to provide possible help to the victims.
Reacting to the rape allegations against Alok Nath, Director-Producer Mahesh Bhatt said, “I see it as the final awakening of Indian women saying enough is enough. It’s not restricted to the film industry. The entertainment industry should support women, but also give the person who is accused the right to be looked upon as innocent till proven guilty.”