Mumbai: Actor Alok Nath Saturday filed a defamation case against writer-producer Vinta Nanda who had accused him of rape. The development has come a few days after the Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE) sent a notice Alok Nath. The Federation also announced that it would stop working with the accused in the sexual harassment cases if they fail to respond to the notices. Also Read - Court Acquits Priya Ramani in Defamation Case by MJ Akbar, Cites Ramayana: 'Reverence To Women Essential To Indian Ethos'

The actor’s wife too filed an application in Mumbai’s Andheri Court against writer-producer Vinta Nanda seeking directions to Amboli police for taking cognisance of the complaint&investigating the matter as per CrPC155&complaint of given offenses under 499, 500, 34 and 114 of IPC. Also Read - After Vikas Gupta Accused Arshi Khan of Blackmailing, She Puts Out SHOCKING Clarification

Responding to the rape allegations, Alok Nath had earlier said that he neither denies nor accepts the charges leveled against him by the Tara producer and added that it (the rape) “might have happened but someone else would have done it”.

Neither I am denying this nor do I would agree with it. It (rape) must have happened, but someone else would have done it. Well, I do not want to talk much about it as for the matter if it has come out, it will be stretched,” he had said.

Reacting his response to the allegations, Nanda said that he didn’t deny it even when she had written about the incident years ago. Speaking at a press conference, a day after alleging that the most “sanskaari” man Alok Nath had raped her “endlessly”, she said that now he’s scared while she feels fearless.

“He did not deny it even in 2003, 2004 and 2005 when I had written about it. Now I am feeling fearless, he is feeling scared,” she said. Asserting that he should feel ashamed, she said, “I am meeting consultants and advisors today evening, so by tomorrow, I will have the next course of action ready. I am not ashamed of anything, it is he who should feel ashamed.”

Last week, the Tara producer had alleged that Alok Nath, who is also known as the “sanskaari” man in the entertainment industry, had violated her “endlessly” years ago when she was returning from a party.

“I can remember more liquor being poured into my mouth and I remember being violated endlessly. When I woke up the next afternoon, I was in pain. I hadn’t just been raped, I was taken to my own house and had been brutalised. I couldn’t get up for my bed. I told some of my friends but everybody advised me to forget about it and move on,” she had said in a Facebook post.