New Delhi, July 24: Rakbar Khan, the man who was allegedly beaten to death by alleged mob vigilantes in Rajasthan’s Alwar district on suspicion of cow smuggling, died of “shock” and injuries from a blunt weapon, the post-mortem report has revealed. Also Read - Rajasthan: Drunk Man Beats Wife to Death With Leather Belt, Arrested

The development comes a day after the Rajasthan Police admitted “error of judgement” in handling the case and suspended one and transferred three policemen. It, however, refuted allegations of custodial death of the 28-year-old victim. Also Read - Diego Maradona Autopsy: No Trace of Alcohol, Narcotic Drugs in Body at Time of Death

“Since the policemen thought the victim was not serious, they decided to take him to the police station first so that the cows could be first shifted to a shelter. They also offered him water and tea, so it appeared an error of judgment,” Additional Director General (law and order) N R K Reddy, a member of the enquiry panel, told PTI. Also Read - Subramanian Swamy Reacts To AIIMS' Doctor Leaked Audio Tape, Says 'CBI Should File FIR With Murder Charge'

Meanwhile, the Centre set up a high-level committee chaired by Home Secretary Rajiv Gauba to formulate appropriate measures to deal with such incidents. The recommendations of the panel will be examined by a Group of Ministers (GoM) led by Home Minister Rajnath Singh, which will then submit its report to Prime Minister Narendra Modi for a final decision.

Earlier yesterday, a video purportedly showing ASI Mohan Singh, who was posted at the Ramgarh police station, admitting to his “mistake”, went viral.

“Mere se galti hogai…Kaise bhi maan lo..Saja de do ya chhodh do…Seedhi si baat hai(I made a mistake…Punish me or pardon me…It is simple and straight),” the ASI can be heard purportedly saying in the video.

The video of the ASI surfaced hours after allegations that the Alwar police delayed by nearly three hours the shifting of Khan to the Ramgarh community healthcare centre.

While two persons, Dharmendra Yadav and Paramjeet Singh, were arrested on Saturday, a third accused, Naresh Singh, was nabbed yesterday and they are under police custody for five days.

“There are certain allegations that local police had beaten up Khan and delayed in taking him to hospital, which are being looked into,” SP (Alwar) Rajendra Singh said.

The incident was reported to police at 12.41 am on Saturday. Police reached there at 1.15 am, but they reached the hospital, which is nearly 4 km away from the scene of crime, with Khan at 4.00 am, where he was declared brought dead, as per police and hospital records.

The incident has created a political stir where the BJP MLA from Ramgarh constituency in Alwar, Gyan Dev Ahuja, blamed local police and the opposition Congress held by the Raje-led government responsible for the incident and demanded a judicial inquiry or a CBI probe into the case to ensure “unbiased investigation”.

Khan, along with his friend Aslam, was taking cows to their villages in Haryana through a forest area in the Ramgarh area of Alwar, where they were caught by the mob. Aslam had managed to flee.

(With inputs from agencies)