Mumbai, April, 5: The suicide case of Arjun Bhardwaj, a 24-year-old student who committed suicide jumping from 19th floor of Taj Lands End hotel in Bandra, has taken a new turn after his friends recorded their statement to Bandra police. According to Arjun Bhardwaj’s friends, he was addicted to online gambling.

Arjun was a third year student of economics at Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, and was living in college hostel. Before committing suicide, Arjun had written a 9-page suicide note and made a video tutorial on social networking site in which he was seen drinking wine and smoking cigarette. In the video, Arjun explained ‘how to commit suicide’ and posted the video on Facebook.

Arjun Bhardwaj broke the window of his hotel room and jumped, around 6.30 pm on Monday.  In the suicide note, which was written on the hotel notepad, Arjun said that he had failed in exam and he had been depressed. The young student also apologised to his parents and friends for taking the extreme step.

According to The Indian Express report, an officer at Bandra police station said, “We have recorded the statement of the hotel’s security manager, friends and father of deceased. Bharadwaj’s friends told us he was depressed and also addicted to online gambling. We are investigating if he lost money online in this regard.” Taj officials are gathering details of Arjun stay at the hotel and will send a dossier to the police soon. The Chitur Harinarayan Bharadwaj, father of Arjun Bhardwaj who is a retired IT professional also called from Bengulru to Mumbai for recording statement.

After making the live suicide tutorial video, Arjun had tagged the hotel location. Some of his friends, who saw the video, called up to hotel management and informed them about the situation. Reacting instantly, some of the hotel staff went to 19th floor where they heard banging sound. They opened the door with master key, but they couldn’t save him. Arjun had broken the window by a broken leg of a table and jumped through it. He then taken to Cooper Hospital were he was declared dead