Guwahati: The Himanta Biswa Sarma-led Assam government on Monday decided to lift the total curfew from all districts of Assam. The government also decided to allow inter-district travel from August 16, Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma announced on Monday.Also Read - 84-year-old Kerala Woman Gets Both Doses of Covid Vaccine Within 30 Minutes
The CM said that the government has decided to lift the ban on inter-district travel from August 16, under which passenger vehicles will be allowed to travel. However, in Lakhimpur and Golaghat districts, lockdown will be imposed from 2 pm to 5 am. Also Read - Gujarat Lockdown: Ahmedabad Bans Unvaccinated People From Using Public Transport From Sept 20
Shops and business establishments will be allowed to stay open till 1 pm. Elsewhere the curfew will be from 5 pm to 5 am. Sarma also said that his government has decided to re-open schools from September 2. Also Read - International Flights: UK Relaxes Travel Restrictions For Fully Vaccinated Indians From Oct 4
Details of the new SOP include:
- There will be no round-the-clock curfew in the State. However, as the positivity rate became moderate in the 2 districts viz. Golaghat and Lakhimpur, the partial curfew time in these districts will be from 2 PM to 5 AM and in the rest of the districts, the curfew will be from 5 PM to 5 AM
- All work places, business/commercial establishments, dine-in restaurants, hotels, resorts, dhabas and other eateries, takeaway of food items from restaurants/dhabas and other eateries, opening of sale counters, showrooms etc. of cold storages and warehouses will be up to 1 PM in Golaghat and Lakhimpur districts and up to 4 PM in rest of the districts.
- The shops dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder will be open up to 5 PM in Golaghat and Lakhimpur districts and up to 4 PM in the rest of the districts.
- All inter-district passenger transport services and movement of people to and from other districts shall remain suspended. However, movement of goods shall continue.
- All public transport authorities shall enforce COVID-19 appropriate behavior and seating inside the vehicles, carriers, containers etc.
- Public gathering is allowed up to 10 persons for marriage or funeral programme.
- Wearing of face mask is compulsory in all public places.
- Excise authority will take strong action against illegal production and sale of country liquor in all the districts.
- Further, regarding restrictions on inter-district passenger transport services and movement of people to and from other districts, need based conduct of offline classes in some premier institutions, re-opening of religious places and state protected monuments & sites etc. decision will be considered after August 07, 2021 depending on the progression of reduction in case load.
- Other restrictions including odd-even formula for plying of vehicles, declaration of containment zones etc. and exemptions as notified in the order of July 27, 2021 shall continue to remain in force except those specifically modified by this order.
In case the test positivity of COVID-19 in any area reaches more than 10 cases in the last seven days, the jurisdictional District Magistrate will notify such areas as total containment zones in consultation with MD, NHM and ensure necessary containment measures for COVID-19.
However, in such zones, emergency services will continue round the clock and essential services including shops dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder, etc will remain open upto 5 PM.
Delivery of all essential goods including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipments through e-commerce in such areas will continue round the clock
Other restrictions and relaxations:
- All Government servants (including contractual and fixed pay) who have taken atleast one dose of COVID-19 vaccine shall attend office. Private sector entities may take their own decision about attendance of their employees on this account.
- Employees who have not taken vaccine will have to attend office as and when their services are required by respective authorities.
- Employees engaged in emergency / essential services shall attend their duty without any restrictions at any place.
- The organizations (Government / Private) rendering Essential/Emergency Services, Law Enforcement Services and Election work will continue working without any restrictions in all districts.
- Pregnant women employees and women with children of 5 years or below working under any Government / PSU / Financial Institutions / Private Organizations irrespective of their grade shall be eligible to work from home.
- Persons with disabilities (PwDs) working in any Government/PSU/ Financial Institutions/Private organizations shall be exempted from attending duties in consonance with the O.M No. 11013/9/2014/Estt. (A.III) dated 1st April, 2020 issued by DOPT, Gol. However, they may be encouraged to work from home.
Public Transport (Government and private)
- Goods transport shall continue unhindered.
- All Public transport authorities shall enforce COVID-19 appropriate behavior and seating inside the vehicles, carriers, containers etc.
- Auto Rickshaws, cycle rickshaws and taxis shall operate with one driver and two passengers maintaining social distancing.
- Pillion riding will be totally prohibited in two wheelers, except with women and children.
- Intra-district transport, with 50% seating capacity and observance of COVID appropriate behaviour, may be allowed.
- All inter-district passenger transport services and movement of people to and from other districts shall remain suspended.
- Wearing of face mask is mandatory even for a single person driving a vehicle. In case of persons travelling in any private car, up to 100 % of its seating capacity, wearing of face mask is mandatory for all the persons.
- Educational Institutions (Government and Private):
- All Educational Institutions including Schools/Colleges/Universities shall continue to provide quality virtual options. No physical classes are allowed.
- Teachers / Faculty members need not attend their respective institution but if District Administration engages in COVID 19 / flood relief related emergency duties, they will have to attend assigned duties.
- Wearing of face mask is compulsory in all public places.
- Shop owners shall ensure minimum six feet distance among customers and shall not allow more than 5 persons inside the shop. In addition, shop owners should compulsorily keep sanitizers and hand wash in their shops.
- Shopkeepers and customers shall have to wear masks, hand gloves and maintain social distancing. Responsibility of maintenance of social distancing will be on the shop owner and failure to do so will be viewed very seriously and may entail summary closure of defaulting shops.
- Industrial units and Tea gardens may function subject to observance of COVID appropriate behaviour. Head of the unit/tea garden shall be responsible for ensuring social distancing, mask wearing by workers and staff, sanitization of industrial premises, thermal scanning etc.
- Operation of physical activities of Guwahati Tea Auction Centre (GTAC) including e-auction are allowed with 20% of the total work force till 4 PM including tea tasting, sampling, brokering. Warehousing is fully exempted.
- Excise authority will continue taking strong action against illegal production and sale of country liquor in all the districts as a COVID containment measure.
- Restrictions on inter-district passenger transport services and movement of people to and from other districts, need based conduct of offline classes in some premier institutions, re-opening of religious places and state protected monuments & sites etc. will be considered after August 07, 2021 depending on the progression of reduction in case load.