Guwahati: A massive fire broke out in Guwahati’s Ulubari area, which is the heart of the city, around 12 PM today. The fire enveloped nearly 3 shops and 10 houses. Further, eight fire tenders were needed to douse the fire. The fire is under control now. Also, no casualties have been reported so far. Preliminary investigation suggests that short circuit was the reason behind the fire.Also Read - Mumbai Rains LIVE: Man Found Dead In Swollen Drain in Palghar; Central Railway Trains Running Late

In an earlier incident on August 29, a fire started in Ghaziabad’s Indirapuram locality at the Jaipuria Sunrise Green Society. The fire started at the restaurant located on the first floor of the posh society. Fire department officials were rushed in to douse the fire and bring it under control. No casualty was reported though. Residents of the society were rushed outside soon after the fire broke out. The smoke from the blaze made it difficult for the residents to breathe. Also Read - Fire Breaks Out At Mall In Mumbai's Powai, 12 Fire Tenders At Spot | Video

Also Read - Mumbai: 16-Year-Old Girl Gets Death Threat Over Facebook Post On Udaipur Tailor Killing

The cause of the fire was said to be a gas leak. A large part of the restaurant was burnt entirely due to the fire. Chief fire officer Sunil Kumar said that the fire was extinguished as soon as they reached the spot.

In yet another incident, a similar incident took place in Mumbai which led to several deaths. There was no arrangement for fire extinguishing in the building in Mumbai.