Shifted to New Location? Here’s How To Update Address on Voter ID Card Online | Step-by-step Guide Here
Voter ID Card Address Update: Those who want to update the Electors Photo Identification Card with new address, they have to register on official site at voterportal.eci.gov.in.
Voter ID Card Address Update: With just a few days left for the Assembly elections in five states, Voter ID card is the most important identity document now for the voters. This ID card will help the voters to cast vote in electoral ward or division or Assembly constituency. As the states are gearing up for the upcoming elections in Punjab, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Goa and Manipur, we must ensure that the residential address on our Voter ID card is up to date.
In order to cast vote in your constituency, your voter ID card must have the particulars and details of the address of that constituency. In the meantime, those who have shifted their residence to a new location, must update voter ID card so that correct electoral ward can be decided.
If you want to get the Electors Photo Identification Card with your new address, you have to submit a migration document. The users are required to register on Voter’s official portal i.e., https://voterportal.eci.gov.in.
Here is how to update address on Voter ID card:
- Visit www.nvsp.in to access the National Voters Services Portal.
- If you’ve relocated to a different constituency, go to Form 6 under “Apply online for new voter registration/due to relocation from AC.”
- Click on Form 8A if you’ve relocated from one place of residence to another within the same constituency.
- Fill in all required information, such as your name, date of birth, state, constituency, and current as well as permanent address.
- Include your email address and phone number in the optional information.
- Photographs, proof of address, and proof of age are all required papers to be uploaded.
- Submit the form online, along with all of the papers you’ve uploaded.
- Now enter the captcha number and fill in the declaration option. Verify the information you’ve supplied and click the ‘submit’ button.