New Delhi, June 11: Six people including four women and two children were died of suffocation in fire that broke out due to gas leak in Azamgarh district of Uttar Pradesh. The deceased were identified as Ramtaji Devi (50), Manita (35), Aradhya (1), Tara Devi (50) and Anjali (4). Also Read - UP Gram Panchayat Election 2021: Reservation List of Seats Released For Azamgarh

The incident which took place on Monday at Chakbagali village also left more than a dozen people with serious burn injuries, including three whose condition is stated to be critical. Also Read - Dulhan Kahan Hai? After Searching The Entire Night, 'Baaratis' in UP Fail to Find The 'Missing' Bride & Her Home

Prima facie, the accident seems to have taken place due to leakage in the gas cylinder which led to a fire and then the explosion, a police official told IANS. A probe has been ordered by the district administration. Also Read - Amid Hathras Gangrape Uproar, 20-year-old Man Rapes 8-year-old Neighbour in Uttar Pradesh's Azamgarh

More details in the incident awaited.