New Delhi: The registration process for the next phase of vaccination drive will start from April 28 on the government’s CoWin and Aarogya Setu App. Earlier, reports had suggested that the registration for the third phase of vaccination will start from April 24. Registration for the third phase of vaccination against Covid-19 for those between the age groups of 18 and 45 years will begin on April 28, the government said on Thursday through its citizen engagement platform @MyGovIndia.Also Read - Germany Recognises Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin For Travel Purposes. Here’s What It Means For Indians
Apart from indigenous vaccines Covaxin and Covishield, Russian vaccine Sputnik V will also be added as an option at some centres in this phase of vaccination. He also added that more centres and private facilities are being set up for a faster vaccination process this time. Also Read - Price of Corbevax Covid-19 Vaccine Slashed to Rs 250 Per Dose. Deets Inside
Also Read - Delhi Logs 1,118 Fresh Covid Cases, Positivity Rate Remains Below 5 Per Cent | Key Updates
How to register at cowin.gov.in and app: Check step-by-step guide
1) Log on to cowin.gov.in and enter your mobile number
2) Then an OTP will be sent to your mobile number via an SMS
3) After this,enter the OTP and click on the “verify” button
4) Once the OTP is validated, the “Registration of Vaccination” page will open up
5) Enter details required in the “Registration of Vaccination” page such as your photo ID proof. You will also be asked if you have any comorbidities. This can be answered by clicking on ‘yes’ or ‘no’
6) Once the details are entered for registration, click “Register” button at the bottom right
7) After this, you will receive a confirmation message on successful registration. Once registration is done, you will be shown the “Account Details”.
In the past week, several states including Kerala, Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh announced free vaccination for all people above the age of 18.