New Delhi: An eight-year-old girl died on Monday morning by choking on a plastic whistle that got lodged in her throat in Bihar’s Munger district. The girl’s family members alleged that doctors in Mungar and adjoining Bhagalpur hospital refused treatment to the toddler, leading to her death. The accident happened at a time when Chief Minister Nitish Kumar promised to upgrade the health care system in Bihar. Also Read - BN-A vs IR-A Dream11 Team Predictions, Fantasy Cricket Tips Bangladesh A vs Ireland Wolves 4-Day Match: Captain, Vice-captain, Probable XIs For Today's Unofficial Test at Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium at 9 AM IST February 26 Friday

The incident happened in Chorgaon village where Khusboo was playing with a plastic whistle at her home. While she was playing with the whistle in her mouth, it got lodged into her throat near the windpipe. Also Read - Ready to Protest in Summers: Farmers at Ghazipur Border Put up Tents

“When the family learnt about the incident, they rushed to a primary health care facility in Asarganj. Dr Vipin Kumar referred her to Mayaganj hospital in Bhagalpur district. The doctors at the hospital were unable to handle the situation and further referred her to PMCH Patna,” alleged Ramji Thakur, father of the victim. Also Read - Guidelines Have Been Issued to Curb Misuse of Social Media Platforms, Says Ravi Shankar Prasad

He alleged that the hospitals at both Munger and Bhagalpur even refused to provide an ambulance to the victim. “We travelled from one hospital to another in auto-rickshaws. While we were on the way to Patna, my daughter lost her life due to excessive pain and breathing difficulty,” He said.

Notably, CM Nitish Kumar even laid the foundation of a new building on Monday in order to provide world-class treatment modalities in Patna.

With Agency inputs