Bulandshahr: Army jawan Jeetendra Malik alias Jeetu Fauji who had been detained by the 22 Rashtriya Rifles in Sopore town of Jammu and Kashmir and has been sent to a 14-day judicial custody by a local court in connection with Bulandshahr violence has been denied bail, as per reports. Also Read - Much Needed! Troops In Eastern Ladakh Get Upgraded Living Facilities With Beds, Heaters, Cupboards

Fauji who has been arrested for his alleged involvement in the killing of police inspector Subodh Kumar Singh was earlier detained by his army unit in Kashmir and handed over to the Uttar Pradesh police. Also Read - Twitter Left in Jitters as Heartwrenching Video of Kashmiri Kid Crying Over His Dead Grandfather After Sopore Terror Attack Goes Viral

The development came after a purported video showing him allegedly opening fire surfaced. Meanwhile, the family of Inspector Subodh Singh (who died after being attacked by a mob in Bulandshahr) reached Aligarh Police Headquarter on December 9. Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Aligarh said, “To express our support towards the family, the police department has given a number of Rs 11 lakhs to family and assured them of all kinds of assistance.” Also Read - India-China Border Fight: Last Rites Performed, Tributes Paid Across Nation to Salute Martyred Soldiers | Highlights

On December 3, violence erupted in the UP village following the discovery of 25 cow carcasses. Cars were torched and policemen attacked by men alleging slaughter of cows and demanding immediate action. A SIT has been constituted to investigate the entire sequence of events leading to the SHO’s death.

Nine persons have been arrested for the mob violence so far, though the main accused, Bajrang Dal leader Yogesh Rai, is still absconding.

Two senior police officers — Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Krishna Bahadur Singh and Additional Superintendent of Police (Rural) Raees Akhtar — were also transferred to the DG headquarters in Lucknow and PAC headquarters respectively. Besides the duo, Syana Circle Officer DSP Satya Prakash Sharma was also transferred to Police Training College in Moradabad and Chingravathi police station in-charge Suresh Kumar was sent to Lalitpur.

The police had also arrested four Muslim men for the alleged cow slaughter that triggered the protests.