Bulandshahr: The Army jawan, Jitendra Malik alias Jeetu Fauji, who was detained by the 22 Rashtriya Rifles in Sopore town of Jammu and Kashmir in connection with Bulandshahr violence on Saturday, has been sent to a 14-day judicial custody by a local court.Also Read - Bulandshahr Violence Accused Out, Slain Cop's Kin Want Their Bails Cancelled

Amid reports that an Army jawan was allegedly involved in the case related to the killing of a police inspector in Bulandshahr mob violence, Army Chief General Bipin Rawat on Saturday urged media not to “prejudge” things without proof. Also Read - 'BJP Has Nothing to do With it', UP Deputy CM on Hero's Welcome Accorded to Bulandshahr Violence Accused

“Do not prejudge events without evidence. Please come out with facts. If you have facts available, then judge,” Rawat said when asked for his comments after a soldier, Jitendra Malik was accused of shooting the senior cop dead during mob violence on December 3. Also Read - Bulandshahr Violence Accused Welcomed With Garlands Amid 'Jai Shri Ram', 'Vande Mataram' Chants | Watch

Fauji’s kin alleged that he was being framed. “My brother is being trapped in some conspiracy, he’s not involved in the killing of Inspector. I’ve evidence to prove that my brother wasn’t present at the site where the incident took place. I request CM to help me,” his brother Dharmendra Malik said.

Earlier on Saturday, Army sources confirmed that Malik has been detained by his unit in Jammu and Kashmir for his alleged involvement in the Bulandshahr firing in Uttar Pradesh, in which a police Inspector and a civilian were killed.

Meanwhile, the family of Inspector Subodh Singh (who died after being attacked by a mob in Bulandshahr) reached Aligarh Police Headquarter. SSP Aligarh said, “To express our support towards the family, police dept has given an amount of Rs 11 lakhs to family and assured them of all kinds of assistance.”

The violence broke out earlier this week in the Uttar Pradesh town after cow carcasses were found, claiming the lives of Inspector Subodh Kumar and 20-year-old local Sumit Kumar.

Nine people have been arrested in connection with the violence.