In yet another shocking revelation in the case of deaths of 11 members of a family in Delhi’s Burari, the post-mortem report of six bodies has found the presence of a liquid chemical substance in the bodies of five members, according to media reports.Also Read - Delhi: Burari 'Horror House' That Saw Mass Suicide of 11 Members Finds New Tenants
The autopsy report earlier stated, ‘ligature hanging’ as the reason behind death of the six of the 11 members, whose post-mortem was completed today. It also said that no signs of struggle were found on the bodies. Also Read - Black Magic, Anger Behind Kerala Family's Murder; Krishnan's Student Absconding
The post-mortem examination of six persons, including the two children, has been carried out and so far, police have not found any signs of strangulation or scuffle, according to the officer. Also Read - Kerala: Family of Four Found Buried, Stacked Over One Another, Inside Home in Idukki; Black Magic Suspected
Here is what we know about the case so far:
1. 10 members were found hanging from an iron mesh in the hallway while an elderly woman was found dead on the floor in another room. Police have registered a case of murder of the elderly woman over death by strangulation, while probing an occult angle into the incident.
2. Police recovered handwritten notes from the house point towards “observance of some definite spiritual/mystical practices by the whole family”, according to the police.
3. The notes not only give details of the process of gaining ‘salvation’, but also the time and day at which the act should be performed.
4. The notes corroborate with the crime scene. They have strong similarity with the manner in which the mouths and eyes of the deceased were tied and taped.
5. It has been reported that the family had been writing these notes since a few months. The last entry in the diary is just two days old. Also, the notes appear to be extracts from some kind of Tantrik literature.
6. Police said the family of the man whom one of the deceased was due to marry will be interrogated. 33-year-old Priyanka, one of the 11 deceased, had got engaged two weeks ago was about to get married in November.
7. A crime branch source revealed the CCTV footage shows a delivery man who came to the house to deliver food at 10:40 pm. “No one came inside or went outside the house, before the local man who found the bodies in the morning,” he said.
8. The police also found 11 pipes near the entrance of the house. The pipes, coming out of the house in an unusual manner, can be seen awkwardly hanging outside the wall. Of the 11 pipes, four are straight while seven are tilted. Interestingly, among the deceased, seven were women and four were men.
9. Those who were found hanging had their mouth taped and their faces covered with cloth pieces cut from a single bed sheet.
10. The face of the woman found dead on the floor was not covered and she had been allegedly strangulated, police said, adding that her post- mortem examination is underway.
The deceased were identified as Narayan Devi (77), who was found dead on the floor, her daughter Pratibha (57), her two sons Bhavnesh (50) and Lalit Bhatia (45).
Bhavnesh’s wife Savita (48) and their three children – Meenu (23), Nidhi (25) and Dhruv (15) were among the deceased.
Lalit Bhatia’s wife Tina (42) and their 15-year-old son Shivam were also among those found dead along with Pratibha’s daughter Priyanka (33), who was engaged last month and supposed to get married this year end.
Locals had said Meenu was preparing for entrance exams and Nidhi was pursuing her Masters.
Except for Narayan Devi, the others were found hanging from the iron-mesh in the ceiling, police said.