New Delhi: The counting of votes for Chakai Assembly Constituency in Jamui district of Bihar began at 8 AM. Also Read - Rajya Sabha Seat Left Vacant After Ram Vilas Paswan's Death May Not go to LJP Again - This is Why

Independent candidate Sumit Kumar Singh, who is the son of former minister Narendra Singh, is marching towards victory in Chakai constituency. RJD’s Savitri Singh is at the second spot. Sumit Kumar Singh has bagged 45548 votes so far. Also Read - 13 Out of 15 Bihar Ministers Are Crorepatis, Highest From BJP: Report

It has a population of 445,633 out of which 98.69% belong to rural areas whereas the remaining 1.31% are from the urban pockets. Also Read - Poor Show in Bihar Polls: Khurshid Slams Sibal, Sonia Calls Panel Meet For 'Introspection'

Savitri Devi of RJD and Sanjay Prasad of JD (U) were in fray this year from Chakai Assembly constituency.

In the 2015 Bihar Assembly election, the Chakai constituency was won by RJD’s Savitri Devi. She had defeated Independent candidate Sumit Kumar Singh. While Savitri Devi polled 31.31 percent votes, Sumit Kumar Singh polled 23.25 percent votes in the last Assembly elections.

Zee News will come up with total analysis of Bihar Assembly elections that will give a clear picture of what the people have decided.

The Live streaming of the ZEE News is available here https://zeenews.india.com/hindi/live-tv.

Stay tuned to this place for 360-degree coverage on each and every seat of the state.