Chamkaur Sahib Constituency: In Charanjit Singh Channi’s Bastion, Here’s How Things Stand For Rivals
Punjab Assembly Election 2022: In 2017, Charanjit Singh Channi (Chief Minister of Punjab) of Indian National Congress won the seat by defeating Charanjit Singh from Aam Aadmi Party with a margin of 12308 votes.
Chamkaur Sahib Constituency, Punjab: Punjab has the highest percentage of the Scheduled Castes population in India, yet the community has not witnessed the rise of any strong leader across key political parties. However, ahead of the 2022 Assembly election, the Congress party made an electoral strike by appointing Charanjit Singh Channi as Chief Minister bringing the community back into focus in the political arena. Chamkaur Sahib Constituency, also known as CM Channi’s bastion, will go to polls on February 20. In 2017, Charanjit Singh Channi (Chief Minister of Punjab) of Indian National Congress won the seat by defeating Charanjit Singh of the Aam Aadmi Party with a margin of 12308 votes.
- “Congress, Pakistan speak same anti-India language” JP Nadda attacks Rahul Gandhi - Watch Video
- Swara Bhasker-Fahad Ahmad's Wedding Reception: Rahul Gandhi, Jaya Bachchan Bless Newlyweds in Delhi - See Inside Pics
- Rahul Gandhi responds to apology demand by BJP over democracy comment in UK, says “I will speak in Parliament”- Watch Video
This time, the Bharatiya Janata Party has fielded Darshan Singh Shivjot to contest against the incumbent chief minister. Chamkaur Sahib is one of the 117 constituencies of the Punjab Legislative Assembly in the state of Punjab and lies under the Rupnagar district (reserved for member of the Scheduled Castes).
You may like to read
Zee Opinion Poll Predicts Hung Assembly In Punjab:
Punjab may be heading for a hung assembly with Arvind Kejriwal’s Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) emerging as the single largest party in the state, predicted Zee News-DesignBoxed Opinion Poll. As per the pre-poll survey, AAP and Congress are projected to win 36-39 and 35-38 seats respectively in the state, which will vote in single-phase on Feb 20. But despite the lead in vote share, AAP may not win a majority out of 117 seats.
Candidates For 2022 Assembly Election- Chamkaur Sahib
- Charanjit Singh Channi (INC)
- Darshan Singh Shivjot (BJP)
- Dr Charanjit Singh (AAP)
- AIG Harmohan Singh Sandhu (SAD)
Here’s the complete schedule for Punjab Assembly Polls:
- Issue of notification: January 21
- Last date of notification: January 28
- Scrutiny of nomination: January 29
- Last date of withdrawal of candidature: January 31
- Date of poll: February 20
- Counting of votes: March 10
CHAMKAUR SAHIB ASSEMBLY ELECTION RESULTS (2017)
|Candidate’s Name||Party||Level||Votes||Vote Rate %||Margin|
|Charanjit Singh Channi||INC||Winner||61,060||42.00%||12,308|
|Charanjit Singh||AAP||Runner Up||48,752||33.53%|
|Justice Nirmal Singh||SAD||3rd||31,452||21.63%|
|None Of The Above||NOTA||5th||911||0.63%|
CHAMKAUR SAHIB PAST ELECTION RESULTS
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Read more on Latest India News on India.com.