New Delhi: A massive fire broke out on the top floor of a building of the prestigious Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) in Chandigarh on Monday. Also Read - 1 Dead After Fire Breaks Out at Factory in Delhi's Pratap Nagar

The top floor has surgical wards, private rooms and an operation theatre.  Short circuit is said to have caused the fire. However, there was no loss of life. Also Read - 6 Dead, Several Injured in Blast at Firecracker Factory Near Sivakasi in Tamil Nadu

Speaking to news agency IANS, eyewitnesses said that some LPG cylinders in the kitchen caught fire and blasts were also heard. Also Read - Fire Breaks Out at Manufacturing Factory in Pune's Sanaswadi Area, 6 Fire Tenders Rushed