Chandigarh: Chandigarh administration on Monday decided to extend the ongoing ‘corona curfew’ by one more week in a bid to curb the coronavirus outbreak. Chandigarh had already imposed a weekend curfew from 5 AM on May 8 till 5 AM on May 10. Also Read - Karnataka Unlock Begins From June 14 in Graded Manner, Night Curfew to Continue | Full List of Guidelines Here
According to the new guidelines, the night curfew has been put in place from 6 PM to 5 AM every day till Monday, May 17. Meanwhile, day-time movement is permitted. Also Read - IND vs SL 2021: Shikhar Dhawan-Led Team India to Undergo 14-Day Quarantine in Mumbai, Will Play Three Intra-Squad Games in Sri Lanka
- Shops selling fruits, vegetables, dairy products and medicines will remain open.
- Bakeries, opticians, mobile repair stores and other similar essential shops will remain open.
- Street vendors selling essential items allowed till 5 PM.
- Government offices and banks working at 50% capacity.
- Gatherings at weddings with 50 persons, at funerals with 20 persons allowed.
Chandigarh on Sunday registered a record 895 fresh cases, taking the caseload in the UT to 50,207, according to the administration’s health bulletin. Ten deaths were reported, taking the toll to 568, while the active cases stood at 8,511 till last evening. Also Read - Pulse Oximeter, BiPap Machines, Sanitisers To Get Cheaper After Govt Takes Big Decision