Chennai: Three members of a Chennai family died after they inhaled a gas that came out of a malfunctioning air conditioner, the police said. The incident took place on Monday, said reports. Neighbours called the police after the family that included a 35-year-old man, his wife and son didn’t come out. Police had to broke into the house where they found the bodies. (Also read: Woman Axed to Death in Udhampur)

The family lived in Thiruvalluvar Nagar at Koyambedu in the city. The primary investigation has shown that the couple had turned on the inverter on Monday evening because of a power cut in the area, said police. Though the power supply was restored around midnight, the couple and the child died, probably from inhaling some poisonous gas that leaked out of a malfunctioning air conditioner, the police said.

In June this year, passengers travelling in AirAsia flight from Kolkata to Bagdogra were in for a haul as the flight got delayed for more than four hours and were tormented by the airline staff and crew. Passengers flying with the airline expressed their ordeal which began instantly with the flight being delayed for hours and then the unexpected call for them to deboard the flight without extending any sort of explanation. As if the agony of the delayed flight wasn’t enough, the airline put the air-conditioning blower on full in order to vacate the plane after the passengers had refused to do so without any explanation for the same.

In May, a 10-year-old Delhi boy and his nine-year-old sister were charred to death after an air conditioner’s compressor exploded at their home in northwest Delhi’s Adarsh Nagar area. The children were at home with their grandmother but their parents were away at the time of the accident. Their grandmother escape but the children were caught in the fire.