New Delhi, August 22: China on Tuesday called India’s logic for deployment of troops to Doklam ‘ridiculous’ and ‘double standard’. It also sustained its allegations against India and said if China followed India’s logic, then there will be chaos in the region.Also Read - IND vs NZ: Selfless Ravichandran Ashwin Puts the Limelight Back on Mumbai-Born Ajaz Patel, Gifts Signed Shirt to Kiwi Spinner | Watch Video
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying while addressing the media said that if they tolerate India’s ‘ridiculous logic’, then trespassing into neighbours’ home will become a norm. “If we tolerate India’s ridiculous logic, then anyone who dislikes the activity at his neighbour’s home can break into his neighbour’s house,” she was quoted by Hindustan Times. Also Read - IND vs NZ: Mayank Agarwal Disappointed Even After Being Adjudged 'Player of the Match' vs New Zealand in 2nd Test
Beijing stated that while India opposes infrastructure projects of China near borders, it itself is carrying out such projects near the Line of Actual Control (LAC). Chunying was quoted by Hindustan Times saying, “Does that mean when China thinks that large-scale construction of infrastructure in the border area is posing a threat, it can enter India’s territory? Wouldn’t that be utter chaos?” Also Read - IND vs NZ: Former New Zealand Coach Mike Hesson Suggests Only Option Left for Kane Williamson After India Loss
China, since the beginning of the standoff at Doklam, have blamed New Delhi for it. According to it, Indian troops trespassed into their territory and has obstructed their road project. However, India deployed troops to Doklam after Bhutan informed it of possible Chinese aggression in the area.
Bhutan believed that the construction of the road at Doklam could pose a major security threat to its sovereignty. India also saw it as a issue of national security and immediately deployed its troops. Since then, troops from both the nations have been involved in the standoff.
While India has been persistent in forwarding requests for a negotiation, China has been abhorrent in its demand saying only after India withdraws its troops, any scope for negotiation can open up. New Delhi, on the other hand, has maintained that if the road is built, it will alter the status quo.
Chinese media have been quite persistent in its attack on India and have continuously sent veiled threats of war. It also recently released a racist video regarding the issue, which was critiqued by Indian media.
Union Minister Rajnath Singh earlier this week said that he hopes China will take a positive step which can end this tense situation. On the other hand, Beijing said that the Indian side must take concrete actions and make positive moves to correct the ‘wrongdoing’.
China on the other hand, has held on to a 130 year old settlement and on the basis of that accused India of trespassing. It also blamed Indian forces in Ladakh for a scuffle at the Northern border area, where heavy stone-pelting occurred between the troops of both the nations. Noteworthy that, initially they denied having knowledge about the incident and only when visual evidence surfaced, they shifted the blame to the Indian side.
As per Indian security force sources, Chinese military men tried entering Indian territory and when they were stopped, they resorted to pelting stones at the Indian guards.