New Delhi: A suspected COVID-19 patient in Karnataka’s Mangaluru who returned from Dubai on Sunday evening, has reportedly skipped a hospital visit for tests. If reports are to be believed, the passenger had some symptoms of the deadly epidemic after which asked to visit a designated district hospital in Mangaluru but he refused to do the same. Also Read - Can Ayurveda Help us Prevent Coronavirus Disease?
Karnataka health department has confirmed that the passenger was not at Wenlok Hospital, where he was asked to go. He allegedly left the airport against medical advice, a leading portal reported. Also Read - Tourist Destination Kashmir at Risk of Coronavirus Entry
Later police officials were alerted about the passenger’s disappearance after which a team was deputed to bring him back. “He will be brought back and admitted to hospital,” said an official stated.
Similarly on March 4, a 32-year-old suspected coronavirus patient in Punjab’s Moga town who was advised quarantine refused to get himself admitted to the local Civil Hospital isolation ward and fled to his home. The patient had returned from Dubai.
“The patient with symptoms of respiratory discomfort was advised hospitalisation. He initially refused to get himself admitted to the isolation ward owing to scare and disappeared. Now, a medical team has been deputed to bring him back to the hospital from his residence,” a health official had said.
Earlier in the day, the Ministry of Health has confirmed 43 total cases of COVID-19 in India. “43 total cases (3 positive cases from Kerala which are now discharged), out of which 40 are active cases of COVID-19 in the country. 4 (Four) new cases of COVID-19 have been reported since yesterday’s update – 1 (one) from Ernakulum, Kerala, 1 (one) from Delhi, 1(one) from Uttar Pradesh and 1 (One) from Jammu”, the Health Ministry said.