Greater Noida, October 7: Bishada in Uttar Pradesh is on the boil once again as villagers today refused to cremate the body of 22-year-old Ravi alias Robin, accused of lynching Mohammed Akhlaque in Dadri. Ravi, a prime accused in Dadri murder case died at Lok Nayak Jaiprakash Hospital in Delhi yesterday of kidney and respiratory failure. His body was kept outside his home and the villagers draped his coffin in a tricolour, saying he had been martyred protecting “Hindu values”.Also Read - SP-BSP Created Caste Divide: Yogi Adityanath at Rally Attended by Dadri Lynching Accused

Tensions rose as the body reached the village, as villagers outrightly rejected Ravi’s death report claiming he was murdered. Heavy police force was also deployed in the area. Seeing the body draped in a tricolour, policemen and administration officials, however, preferred to remain mum as objections might have sparked violence in the area. Also Read - Bulandshahr Violence: My Brother Killed Because he Was Probing Akhlaq Case, Alleges Slain Cop's Sister

“Villagers demanded Rs 1 crore for deceased’s family, the arrest of Akhlaq’s brother Jaan Mohammad in a cow slaughter case and a FIR against the jailer. Villagers told the administration that they will not cremate the body till their demands are met,” said Sanjay Rana, BJP leader, and father of one of the accused. Also Read – Dadri lynching: Akhlaq murder accused dies under judicial custody Also Read - After Shambhulal Regar, Dadri Lynching Accused to Contest Lok Sabha Polls From Noida

Gautam Buddh Nagar District Magistrate N P Singh said the state government would give its consent for a CBI probe if the deceased’s family is not satisfied with the ongoing inquiry. The DM said a judicial inquiry had been initiated, adding that the Chief Judicial Magistrate is conducting it. Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has announced Rs 10 lakh compensation to the deceased Ravi’s wife Pooja. Uttar Pradesh Police claimed that Ravi was suffering from high fever and his death was suspected to be due to dengue. Ravi’s brother Vicky, however, claimed he was “assaulted by police in jail due to which he sustained injuries. Unlike, what police is saying, he was not suffering from any fever.

The state government had earlier said that the jailer of the prison where Ravi was held would be transferred once the probe found him guilty. But in an apparent attempt to pacify villagers, the jailer S K Pandey was transferred to Lucknow headquarters. The National Human Rights Commission has also issued a notice to the Uttar Pradesh government and demanded a reply from the district administration. The postmortem was conducted yesterday in Delhi under the supervision of a Metropolitan Magistrate from a local court.