New Delhi: For the first time, India recorded 52,123 positive cases in the last 24 hours, which has taken the total tally to 15,83,792. 775 deaths have been registered in the last 24 hours. The number of total recoveries has crossed 10 lakh, the ministry of health and family welfare has said. Also Read - China Finds COVID Trace in Frozen Chicken Wings But WHO Says No Evidence of Virus Spreading by Food, Packaging
Here are the top developments Also Read - Unlock 3: Assam Allows Inter-district Movement on Weekdays, Night Curfew to Continue as Before
1. Centre has issued guidelines for the third phase of unlocking, which will begin from August 1. Also Read - Surprisingly COVID-19 Virus Impacts Patients Differently
2. Gyms, yoga centres have got the nod to resume operations from August 5.
3. Cinema halls, educational institutions will remain closed till August 31.
4. The Cabinet has decided to open mountaineering activities from July 30. Quarantine guidelines for foreign mountaineers will be decided soon.
5. The COVID-19 death toll in West Bengal rose to 1,490 on Wednesday after 41 people succumbed to the disease, the state health department said in a bulletin. A total of 2,294 fresh cases of coronavirus infection pushed the state’s tally to 65,258, the bulletin said.