New Delhi, June 14: A businessman from Delhi’s Karol Bagh area has been arrested by the police for raping his 17-year-old maid at his residence on June 12. The crime took place in the afternoon when the girl was alone in the house with the businessman, as per police reports. The police said that the accused had molested the girl on several occasions earlier as well. As of now, the girl has been sent to the hospital for treatment.Also Read - Delhi Records Highest Rainfall For July Since 2003 And Second-Highest Ever: IMD

The girl had been working at the accused, Kapil Bhatia’s house for the past six months and there had not been a time when she was left alone for work but June 12, Tuesday afternoon turned out to be different when no one was around while she went minding her chores at the residence. She recalled the incident and told the police as to how Bhatia called her to his room and raped her the moment she was about to leave. She said that she had been accosted by Bhatia prior to this incident and he had molested her on several occasions as well, adding that the latter had threatened her not to speak on the same. Also Read - BREAKING: Fire Breaks Out at Maharashtra Sadan in Delhi, 4 Fire Tenders at Spot

The crime was reported by the victim’s father who heard the entire incident from his wife. The girl’s family even approached an NGO to help them get justice. Members of the NGO also turned up at the police station. Meanwhile, the police has taken Bhatia into custody and a case under Sections 354 (assault or criminal force on woman with intent to outrage her modesty), 376 (punishment for rape) and 377 (unnatural offences) of IPC, and also under POCSO Act and Juvenile Justice Act has been registered. The police is also trying to ascertain if Bhatia has sexually harassed any other girl. Also Read - Delhi Police Arrests Mumbai Firm's Managing Director in Rs 100 Crore Cheating Case

The accused  as Kapil Bhatia owns a store in Kashmere Gate and was caught by the police while he was trying to escape. On the other hand, the victim has been sent to a children’s home after the child welfare committee (CWC) ordered to do so.