New Delhi, May 09: Bharatiya Janata Party’s Vijendra Gupta, who is also party’s leader in Delhi Vidhan Sabha, was evicted within 20 minutes of the start of proceedings. The BJP MLA was escorted out by marshals after the assembly speaker ordered him out.
The proceedings began with welcoming Manjinder Singh Sirsa, who attended the assembly session, after winning the elections from Rajouri Garden. However, soon after that, Vijender Gupta started creating a ruckus. Sirsa later joined him. He was demanding a discussion on allegations of land scam on Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. However, the speaker, Ram Niwas Goel said it was against the rules.
Ram Niwas Goel’s continual requests to sit down and allow the proceedings of the house went unnoticed as Sirsa and Vijender Gupta continued disrupting Alka Lamba in her speech. After his warnings had no effect, he ordered the marshals to escort Gupta out of the house. (Highlights)
After his eviction, Vijender Gupta demanded Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal must dismiss health minister Satyendra Jain. He accused the CM and the minister of being hand-in-glove in a land scam in the national capital. He later staged a sit-in outside the House.
A special session of the assembly was called by the Delhi government to discuss EVM tampering in elections.
Here is what happened
- The Speaker does not allow BJP MLA Vijender Gupta to make a statement in the House and warns him of consequences. BJP raises bribery charges issue in the House.
- “I am not giving permission to raise the issue,” Speaker Ram Niwas Goel tells Vijender Gupta.
- “Vijender Singh is habitual of creating uproar. I request you Manjinder Singh Sirsa not to be a part of it. 15 minutes of the session has been wasted,” Speaker said.
- Speaker asks marshals to evict BJP’s Vijender Gupta from the House.
- AAP MLA Alka Lamba raises the EVM tampering issue in the House.
- Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal is in the know of corruption amounting to Rs 1000 crore: Vijender Gupta