By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts Cookies Policy.
Delhi Logs Over 1,000 Fresh COVID Cases For 3rd Day In Row; Positivity Rate At 4.48% | Top Points
Delhi on Sunday registered 1,083 fresh COVID cases and one death due to the disease in the last 24 hours, according to the data released by the health department.
New Delhi: Delhi on Sunday recorded 1,083 fresh COVID cases and one fatality due to the viral infection in the last 24 hours, according to the data released by the health department. The active COVID cases in Delhi now stand at 3,975 and the coronavirus positivity rate in the city at 4.48 per cent, the health department stated.
This comes a day after Delhi reported 1,094 fresh COVID-19 infections, highest since February 10, and two deaths due to the disease on Saturday, with a positivity rate of 4.82 percent. The national capital had recorded 1,104 fresh COVID-19 cases with a positivity rate of 2.09 per cent on February 10, while 12 people had succumbed to the infection.
You may like to read
COVID situation in Delhi
- With 1,083 fresh COVID cases, Delhi recorded over 1,000 coronavirus cases for third day in a row.
- The COVID infection tally in the national capital now stands at 18,74,876 and the death toll at 26,168. A total of 25,177 COVID-19 tests were conducted in the city a day ago.
- Delhi had logged 1,042 cases with a positivity rate of 4.64 per cent and two fatalities due to the infection on Friday. On Thursday, the city reported 965 COVID-19 cases and a single fatality with a positivity rate of 4.71 per cent.
- With the national capital witnessing a spurt in COVID-19 cases in the past few days, the number of active cases of the disease in the city has now increased to 3,975 from 601 on April 11.
- The hospitalisation rate has so far been low, accounting for less than three per cent of the total active cases, according to the data.
- There are 80 COVID-19 patients admitted at hospitals in Delhi at present, while 2,812 are recuperating in home-isolation.
- Of the 9,379 beds available for COVID-19 patients in various hospitals, just 107 (1.14 per cent) are occupied, the data showed.
- In the wake of rising cases, the Delhi government had on Friday issued an order directing authorities to impose a fine of Rs 500 on people not wearing masks at public places.
- The fine will not apply to people travelling together in private four-wheelers, it said. The government had lifted the fine for not wearing masks on April 12 because of a decline in the number of daily cases.
- The decision to bring back the mask mandate at public places and impose the fine on violators came at a meeting of the Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA), which devises Covid management policies for the national capital.
- The city health department said that from Thursday, Delhi has started providing free COVID-19 precautionary doses to beneficiaries in the 18-59 age group at government vaccination centres.
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Read more on Latest India News on India.com.