New Delhi: In a bid to curb the spread of coronavirus, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday decided to impose a six-day lockdown in the national capital from tonight till next Monday morning. Notably, the fresh restrictions come as the national capital recorded the biggest jump in its daily COVID-19 tally with 25,462 fresh cases. The complete shutdown will be effective from tonight (April 19) to 5 am on April 26 (Monday). “From today till Monday, 5 am Delhi is going under lockdown. Essential services will work. Lockdown was not an easy decision but we had no other option left”, said CM Arvind Kejriwal while addressing media over COVID-19 situation in the national capital.Also Read - Delhi Under 6-day Complete Lockdown From Tonight, Essential Services Allowed | Highlights
The AAP leader further asserted that Delhi’s health system has been stretched to its limit, is under stress. “Harsh measures will have to be taken to prevent a collapse of the health system”, he added.
Delhi Lockdown: Here’s What Allowed, What’s NOT
- Essential services, food services, medical services will continue.
- Weddings can be held with a gathering of only 50 people.
- Passes will be issued separately for wedding functions.
- Pvt medical personnel exempted on production of valid ID.
- Pregnant women/patients going for medical aid along with attendant exempted on production of valid ID/doctor’s prescription/medical papers.
- Those going for testing/vaccination exempted on production of valid ID.
- Persons coming from/going to Airports/Railway stations/ISBTs allowed to travel on production of valid ticket.
- Officials in the officers of diplomats of various countries as well as persons holding any constitutional post exempted on the production of valid ID, said Delhi government order.
- Media exempted on the production of valid ID card.
- No restriction on inter-state & intra-state movement/transportation of essential goods.
- Religious places shall be permitted to open, but no visitors allowed.
- Banks, ATMs will continue to function.
- Students appearing from exams will be allowed to move with valid admit cards.