Lucknow: Delhi Metro’s Aqua line is scheduled to be inaugurated on January 25 by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath at Depot Station, stated the Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC). On the same day, the railway line will be opened for public use. The 29.7-km long rail corridor has trains running between Sector 51 in Noida and the Depot Station in Greater Noida. Also known as Aqua Line, the rail corridor has 15 stations in Noida and six in Greater Noida. Also Read - Mission Shakti: Noida Police Asks Public to Identify 'Dark Spots' in The City to Ensure Women Safety
Following is all you need to know about Aqua Line: Also Read - Noida: Decomposed Body of 10-year-old Boy Found at Construction Site Days After he Went Missing
1. The Aqua Line would run between the Sector 51 station in Noida and the Depot Station in Greater Noida. The metro will stop at Sector 51, 76, 101, 81, NSEZ, Noida Sector 83, 137, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, and Greater Noida’s Knowledge Park II, Pari Chowk, Alpha 1, Delta 1, GNIDA Office and Depot metro stations. Also Read - It’s a Bird, It’s an Alien, It’s Iron Man! Balloon Sparks Fears of Alien Invasion in Greater Noida
2. The minimum train fare as fixed by Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC) last year is Rs 9 while the maximum fare is Rs 50. An official statement said that the train fare for passengers travelling to one station would cost Rs 10 on a QR-coded ticket and Rs 9 via smart card; for 2 km it would cost Rs 15 on ticket and Rs 13.50 on smart card; 3 to 6 km would cost Rs 20 via ticket and Rs 18 on smart card; 7 to 9 km would cost Rs 30 on ticket and Rs 27 on smart card.
3. Passengers of the Aqua line can either buy the QR-coded paper tickets or use smart cards. Those using smart cards will get a 10 per cent concession on their train fares.
4. Colour codes are used to differentiate the seats in the coaches for ladies, senior citizens, and differently-abled persons. Space has also been provided for a wheelchair in driving trailer cars at both the ends of the trains.
5. The construction of the Aqua Line began in May 2015 and was completed in record time.
A report by a leading daily said that the Central Industrial Security Force has been responsible for training the security personnel of the Aqua Line metro.