Delhi Violence LIVE: Shahrukh, the man who brazenly opened fire at police in violence-hit Jaffrabad has not been arrested yet and the cops are still looking for him, ANI reported quoting Delhi Police sources. The development comes four days after it was reported that the 33-year-old man, a resident of Shahdara, was detained after his visuals of firing went viral. Also Read - Delhi Violence: 'We Echo PM Modi's Call For Calm, Urge Political Parties to Maintain Peace', Says United States
Meanwhile, security personnel remain deployed in Khajoori Khaas and Dayalpur areas of violence-affected North East district. Also Read - Delhi Violence: Death Toll Reaches 38, Over 500 Held For Questioning, AAP Suspends Tahir Hussain | Top 10 Points
Earlier on Thursday, the Ministry of Home Affairs issued a statement, claiming that no major incident took place in the last 36 hours in North East district of the capital city. The statement came after Home Minister Amit Shah reviewed the situation in the violence-hit parts of the city in a meeting with senior officials and the top police brass. Also Read - Delhi Violence: IB Officer Ankit Sharma’s Post-mortem Report Reveals Multiple Stabbing Wounds
On the other hand, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) suspended its Municipal Councillor Tahir Hussain, who has been accused of involvement in the northeast Delhi violence and also been booked in the murder case of an Intelligence Bureau official Ankit Sharma.
Shiv Sena Hit Out at AAP
In the wake of communal riots, Shiv Sena has lambasted the Narendra Modi-led BJP government and said that the situation in the country was worrisome. In an editorial in party’s mouthpiece ‘Saamana’, Sena said that the party which thinks of Savarkar, should think of the country’s honour first.
It also raised the issue of transfer of the Delhi High Court judge S Muralidhar and claimed that the ‘Modi government punished him after he ordered FIR against BJP leaders who made provocative speeches which allegedly triggered violence in New Delhi.