New Delhi: The 15-body panel mandated to oversee the construction of the Ram temple in Ayodhya will meet for the first time after inception on Wednesday in its Delhi office. The muhurat for the beginning of the construction is likely to be discussed and finalised today. Also Read - Major Drama Over Ram Temple Trust: Nritya Gopal Das Upset, Snubs Lucknow BJP Leaders
There are several other agendas on the table: Also Read - Ram Temple Trust Will Work From Lawyer K Parasan's Greater Kailash House
1. Apart from the muhurat, the trust is likely to finalise a broad schedule for the construction. Also Read - What Took so Long For Ram Temple Trust Announcement? All You Need to Know
2. The issue of funding will be discussed. According to reports, the members of the trust would debate on how to gather funds steering clear of controversies.
3. The placement of idol Ram Lalla will be discussed as the construction work progresses.
4. The Trust has to nominate two members for the committee
5. The inclusion of Ram Mandir Nyas chief Mahant Nrtiya Gopal Das will also be addressed today. He has been invited to today’s meeting as a special guest.
The setting up of the trust was announced on February 5 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the Lok Sabha. On November 9, 2019, the Supreme Court had ruled in favour of a temple in the then-contested site of Ayodhya.
The notification, which was issued announcing the setting up of the trust, said that the trust has been registered with its office at R-20, Greater Kailash Part-1, New Delhi, 110048. This is the residential address of K Parasaran, the 92-year-old senior lawyer who contested the case.
Members of the Trust
1. K Parasaran, lawyer
2. Jagatguru Shankracharya
3. Jyothishpeethadheeshwar Swami Vasudevan
4. Saraswati Ji Maharaj
5. Jagatguru Madhavacharya Swami Vishwa Prasannatheerth Ji Maharaj
6. Pejawar Math in Udupi
7. Yugpurush Paramanand Ji Maharaj
8. Swami Govinddev Giri Ji Maharaj
9. Vimlendra Mohan Pratap Mishra
10. Another Hindu member nominated by the trustees
11. Second Hindu member nominated by the trustees
12. One IAS officer (Ex-Officio member)
13. One representative from the UP government who will be Hindu (Ex-Officio member)
14. Ayodhya district collector. If he is not Hindu, then the additional collector will be the member. (Ex-Officio member)
15. Chairman (Ex-Officio)
The ex-officio members are not counted as members of the Trust as they are in the panel by virtue of their position. According to reports, Ram Janmabhoomi Nyas president Mahant Nritya Gopal Das was upset after not finding a place in the Trust.