Ghaziabad: A fire broke out in Ghaziabad’s Indirapuram locality at the Jaipuria Sunrise Green Society last night. The fire started at the restaurant located on the first floor of the posh society. Fire department officials were rushed in to douse the fire and bring it under control. Also Read - Fire Breaks Out at Sun Mill Compound in Mumbai, no Casualties

No casualty has been reported though. Residents of the society were rushed outside soon after the fire broke out. The smoke from the blaze made it difficult for the residents to breathe. Also Read - Panic Grips Residents After Leopard Spotted Roaming in Streets of Ghaziabad, CCTV Footage Emerges | Watch

The cause of the fire is said to be a gas leak. A large part of the restaurant is burnt entirely due to the fire. Chief fire officer Sunil Kumar said that the fire was extinguished as soon as reached the spot. However, an investigation is being carried out that whether the restaurant had arrangements to take stock of the situation or not. Also, information is being gathered about whether related documents regarding the restaurant. Also Read - Amid Rising Air Pollution, Delhi's Ghazipur Landfill Catches Fire

Earlier, a similar incident took place in Mumbai which led to the several deaths. There was no arrangement for fire extinguishing in the building in Mumbai. After the recent campaign in NCR, it was ensured that the arrangements for fire in the residential and commercial buildings were complete.