New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi‘s interaction with over 40 business leaders and American CEOs on Wednesday went on a positive note. Also Read - 7 Basic Food Items to Strictly Avoid During Pregnancy
The Prime Minister’s Office tweeted, “Captains of industry interact with PM @narendramodi in New York. The extensive agenda includes harnessing investment opportunities in India and boosting commercial linkages between India and the USA.” Also Read - Serum Institute Begins Production of Novavax Covid Vaccine, Poonawalla Congrats Team
Highlighting the steps taken by India to build a USD 5 trillion economy, the spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs Raveesh Kumar tweeted: “PM at the CEO Roundtable in New York highlighted the steps taken by India to build a USD 5 trillion economy. The global business community is upbeat about the India success story.” Also Read - Ray Leaked Online, Full HD Available For Free Download Online on Tamilrockers And Other Torrent Sites
Here are the reactions of some of the top CEOs who attended PM Modi’s meeting:
1) CEO of Mondelez International Dirk Van De Put was quoted by news agency ANI as saying, “We talked about changes he has been making AND how ease of doing business improves in India.”
The Indian prime minister also invited the CEOs to comment on ways in which India can progress, stated Dirk Van De Put adding that India is probably the country that has the biggest future.
2) Chairman of US-India Strategic Partnership Forum and Former CEO of CISCO John Chambers, as quoted by news agency ANI, said, “I love your PM. He obviously understands the direction,he has put in place innovation ideas. Each of the CEOs came away with a stronger view not just to invest but how to innovate in India.”
3) Chairman of Micron Corporation Bob Switz told news agency ANI, ” It was a very positive meeting. The PM was soliciting inputs on things he can do to improve business in India. It was a very good conversation and very good comments were made.”
4) CEO of Deloitte Global Punit Renjen was quoted by news agency ANI as saying, “It was an excellent meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The PM laid out the growth opportunity in India. It was a very good meeting.”
5) Speaking to news agency ANI about PM Modi’s meeting, CEO of MetLife Michel Khalaf said, “His (PM Modi) willingness to listen to various perspectives and to take them into consideration as he formulates policies for his govt as he goes forward is very encouraging.”
Michel Khalaf added that India was a strategic market for them and said that PM Modi was very open to listening to various perspectives from business leaders. Khalaf noted that the Indian prime minister encouraged global businessmen to invest in India.
Prior to this meeting, PM Modi delivered a keynote address at the Bloomberg Global Business Forum during his visit to the annual high-level UN General Assembly session. Presenting a progress report of the Indian economy while addressing the Bloomberg Global Business Forum in New York on Wednesday, Prime Minister Modi invited American businesses to the country.