Panji, Jan 4: The Goa Assembly Election 2017 schedule has been announced today. The voting for the Goa Assembly Election 2017 will be held on February 4 and the results will be declared on March 11. The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) will have tough time ahead to retain power in Goa Assembly Elections after entry of Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and Goa Suraksha Manch formed by expelled RSS leader Subhash Velingkar.
Goa Assembly Election 2017 Dates:
Goa Assembly Election 2017 will begin from January 11. The polling will be held on February 4, while the results will be declared on March 11. Get the complete schedule of Goa Assembly Election 2017 below:
- Date of Notification – January 11
- Last Date of Making Nomination – January 18
- Completion of Scrutiny of Nomination – January 19
- Withdrawal of Candidature – January 21
- Date of Polling February 4
- Results March 11
|Goa Assembly Election 2017 Schedule|
|Date of Notification||January 11|
|Last Date of Making Nomination||January 18|
|Completion of Scrutiny of Nomination||January 19|
|Withdrawal of Candidature||January 21|
|Date of Polling||February 4|
Goa Assembly Election Result 2007:
There was a neck to neck fight between Congress and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the Goa Assembly Election of 2007. While Congress won 16 seats of the total 40 seats, the BJP managed to bag 14 seats. Sharad Pawar’s NCP had also won 3 seats in 2007. Maharashtrawadi Gomantak and United Goans Democratic Party won two seats each. Independent candidates won from 2 seats.
Goa Assembly Election Result 2012:
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) formed government, winning 21 seats in Goa Assembly Election held in 2012. Congress was at second position, winning 9 seats. Goa Vikas Party and Maharashtrawadi Gomantak won 2 and 3 seats respectively. Independent candidates won from 5 seats. NCP could not retain single seat.
Lok Sabha Election 2009 in Goa:
Goa has two parliamentary seats. Congress and BJP won one seat each.
Lok Sabha Election 2014 in Goa:
The BJP, riding on Modi wave, won both the Lok Sabha seats of Goa in the general election of 2014. Congress that had won one seat in 2009 Lok Sabha election failed to retain it.
- While the BJP will try to retain power in Goa, Congress is taking all efforts to wrest power. The entry of Aam Aadmi Party and Goa Suraksha Manch has made the electoral battle interesting. The arrival of AAP and ouster of Subhash Velingkar from the RSS have made it a difficult task for the BJP. The RSS rebel was not only the chief of the outfit in Goa, but he was also instrumental in building the organisation across the state over the last three decades. Though Manohar Parrikar, who brought the BJP to power in 2012, has been sent to the Centre, his credibility still at the stake in Goa.
- While the Congress is struggling find a new face for Goa Assembly Election 2017, Aam Aadmi Party has declared former bureaucrat Elvis Gomes as its chief ministerial. AAP has herculean task of coming to power in Goa. Unseating BJP from power in Goa is an integral part of Kejriwal-led AAP’s dream to play big role in national politics. Will Elvis Gomes fulfill the national dream of Arvind Kejriwal?