New Delhi, July 17: Moments before jumping to death off the terrace of her home in south Delhi’s Panchsheel Park, the 39-year-old air hostess Anissia Batra had texted her husband, “I am going to commit suicide, watch me die”, according to a Times of India report. Also Read - Delhi Police's Special Cell Probing Cyber Attack on NIC, MEITY

The police on Monday arrested her husband Mayank Singhvi on charge of dowry death. Before being arrested he was interrogated for an hour. Also Read - Delhi Riots Case: 15 People Named in 17,500-Page Chargesheet Filed By Delhi Police

On July 13, Anissia texted her husband that she is going to commit suicide. After reading her message, Mayank rushed to the terrace and had to tear apart a net on a window to open the terrace. But by that time, Anissia had already jumped off, the report quoted Times of India as saying. Also Read - Former JNU Student Umar Khalid Sent to 10 Days Police Custody Over Northeast Delhi Riots

Mayank rushed her to a nearby hospital, where she was declared brought dead.

In another text message to her family, Anissia had reportedly said that Mayank had locked her in a room and that she was going to die. “Please don’t leave him (Mayank),” she wrote to her family according to a report.

The family of Anissia, who worked with Lufthansa Airlines, has alleged that she had been physically and mentally tortured by her husband for dowry.

Suspecting murder, the family has claimed that Mayank had wiped all the evidence since the crime spot was not sealed by the police.

The family also alleged that the autopsy was not video-recorded. Police subsequently formed another panel to do a second autopsy on Monday afternoon.

Romil Baaniya, Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) denied the allegations by the family.

“The allegations about action delay by police are not true. The crime team reached the spot as and when they were informed. The allegations made by parents are being considered and therefore a team from the Forensic Science Laboratory team was sent to the spot for recreating the crime scene,” he said.

Anissia’s family had claimed that a flat in Vasant Vihar was sold off by her which had led to a lot of friction between them.

In a complaint filed with the police on June 27, Anissia’s father had said that if anything happens to their daughter, Mayank would be responsible. The deceased woman’s mother also alleged in her complaint that Mayank had messaged and called her on July 13 and abused her.

The couple were married on February 23, 2016 and they left for Dubai for their honeymoon a week after their marriage.

Anissia’s mother alleged that Mayank had beaten her daughter up inside the hotel lobby on the second day of the honeymoon.

She also alleged that after the incident, Mayank had promised to not drink but he did not adhere to his promise.

Anissia’s mother also said that she had stayed with them for a month from April 14 this year.

She said that during this time, Mayank had threatened to oust her daughter from the house and she had saved him from Mayank many times.

She alleged that she had visited her daughter again in June and on June 6, after the couple had a fight, Mayank had called up his parents, who were in London at that time, and they were instigating him. After that, Mayank had allegedly assaulted Anissia and her mother.

After they returned from London, Mayank’s parents misbehaved with Anissia and her mother, the complaint said.

Later, Anissia’s parents were assured that the incident would not happen again. They also learnt that Mayank was a divorcee during this time.

They also alleged that Mayank would often demand money from Anissia.