Bengaluru, August 2: Google India announced its ‘Made for India’ program and reaffirmed its commitment to help developers find success by building high quality products “for India by India”. Indian developers can apply for a chance to have apps specifically optimised for the Indian market showcased on the Google Play store in India in a special section.
The Made for India program:
- At its first ever App Excellence Summit, Google Play brought together over 700 Indian app and games developers and shared tips and tools to help developers create the best quality Android apps that are locally relevant.
- Google is committed to helping Indian developers of all sizes build successful, locally relevant businesses.
- “At Google Play, we are committed to helping Indian developers of all sizes seize this opportunity and build successful, locally relevant businesses,” Purnima Kochikar, Director, Business Development, Games & Applications, Google Play said.
- “A lot of what we do at Google Play is support developers’ imaginations and make Android consumers aware of the amazing new experiences our developers are creating,” Purnima Kochikar said.
- The number of apps installed in India has grown by a 150 per cent every year. And Indian developers are building useful, engaging apps to address the needs of Indian people.
- Google said there are now more people using Android devices in India than in the US.
With inputs from PTI