New Delhi, July 8: The finance ministry on Friday launched a mobile application – GST Rate Finder – to help the consumers and businessmen find accurate rates of various goods and services. The mobile app called ‘GST Rate Finder’ was launched by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. The app has been made available for Android platform and will soon be made available for iOS.Also Read - This Indian Surpasses Mukesh Ambani to Become Asia's Richest Person | List of India's Richest Billionaires
“A taxpayer can search for applicable CGST, SGST, UTGST rate and Compensation Cess on a supply. The search can be made based on the description of goods or services or HSN Chapter or section or heading number. These initiatives are aimed to serve as a ready reckoner on GST rates,” the Ministry of Finance said in a series of tweets. Also Read - WhatsApp Working on Message Reaction Notifications For Android Users
How to use the App and find GST rates levied on various goods and services? A user can download the mobile application ‘GST Rate Finder’ from Play Store on Android mobile phones. Also Read - Beware Smartphone Users! Delete THESE Seven Applications Infected With Joker Malware
- After you have downloaded the app, enter the name or chapter heading of the commodity or service in the search box.
- The search will immediately list all the goods and services containing the name which has been typed in the search box.
- Click on any of the item and a pop-up window will be displayed containing the GST rate of the item.
- The pop-up window will also contain the description of goods or services and the chapter heading of the Harmonised System of Nomenclature (HSN).
- The app also works in offline mode.
Apart from a mobile application, the CBEC has also included a tab called ‘GST Rate Finder’ on its portal in the GST tab for the users to find applicable GST rate on their supplies of goods and services. A taxpayer can search for applicable rates of Central, State, Union Territory GST and compensation cess on a supply.