Gurgaon, July 30: The millennium city of Gurgaon on Friday night came to a halt due to traffic jam caused by heavy rains and consequent water-logging. Following the monsoon disaster, Gurgaon police commissioner Navdeep Singh Virk has been transferred to Rohtak. The order came directly by the state government Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar to transfer Virk to Rohtak. Cops have been called on 24×7 duty. Also Read - Haryana Shocker: Man Arrested For Raping Daughter For 7 Years, Forcing Her to Abort Pregnancy

After the satellite city was clogged for more than 24 hours, a top official today admitted that there were some blunders made by the administration and they also promised that this will won’t repeat again. Also Read - India's First Air Taxi Service Launched In Chandigarh | Check Timing, Routes, Other Details

Meanwhile, reports suggest that the city has started to limp back to normalcy on Saturday afternoon. The cops have divided duty of police officers in two shifts. day shifts from 8 am to 8 pm and night shift will be from 8 pm top 8 am. These duties will continue till further orders, police said. (ALSO READ: Gurgaon waterlogging forces schools to shut, calls to avoid travelling) Also Read - Haryana CM Cancels Kisan Mahapanchayat After Protesting Farmers Ransack Venue in Karnal

The cops have identified 14 crucial points where traffic was jammed on Thursday and Friday. The spots identified as Hero Honda Chowk, Jharsa Chowk, IFFCO Chowk, Shankar Chowk, Subhash Chowk, Rajiv Chowk, Golf Course Extension Rd intersection on Sohna Road, Signature Tower Chowk, Main Chowk in Sohna, Maharana Pratap Chowk, IMT Manesar Chowk, HUDA City Center Station, Atul Kataria Chowk.

The administration has started their work to remove potholes at the Hero Honda Chowk, which faced the biggest traffic jam on July 28-29 when thousands of motorists were stuck on the Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway for more than 12 hours.

The unprecedented jam had caused panic among the people who were stranded on July 28-29, due to which on Saturday most of the offices in the area remained closed.

Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar had ordered an high-level enquiry into the administration and traffic department. The horrific jam and unorganised support provided by the local administration reminded 26 July rains of Mumbai in which several people were stranded for almost two days in different location.