Gurugram, June 30: A Muslim group of Saturday claimed that they were again stopped from offering Friday namaz (prayers) at a vacant plot in Phase III, Gurugram. The group claimed that they had been given a space at Moulsari Metro station but were asked to move to another place when they went to offer Friday prayers at the plot. Also Read - Haryana Man Uses Bedsheets as Rope to Escape COVID-19 Test From Hospital, Falls and Dies
“We had been given space near Moulsari Metro station for Friday prayers, but it was being disrupted. We then moved to another park owned by the Haryana Urban Development Authority, but residents there objected as well,” Wajid Khan, head of the Nehru Yuva Sangathan Welfare Society Charitable Trust, told The Indian Express. Also Read - Haryana Reports First COVID-19 Death, State Bans Sale on Gutkha, Pan Masala
The group then rented a small plot in Nathupur village. They were, however, asked to vacate the plot by its owner a few days later. One of the group members alleged that the owner of the plot told them that he’s been warned against letting the Muslims pray at the spot. Also Read - Haryana: Man Catches Fire While Cleaning Household Items With Alcohol-based Sanitiser
Assistant sub-inspector Naresh Kumar said that the police have received a complaint that Namaz is being offered at the land which has not been allocated for the purpose. He added that an investigation into the matter is underway.
Earlier in May, some of the Hindu outfits had objected to Muslims offering Namaz after the moon marking the holy month of Ramzan was sighted, at a tomb. As per reports, many people gathered at the tomb to offer prayers on Wednesday soon after the crescent moon was sighted however, they were interrupted by the members of Hindu outfits. This led to arguments and soon a clash broke out.