New Delhi: Seven bodies had been recovered from the sire of the fire that gutted more than 100 shanties in Nathupur area of Gurugram in Haryana, news agency ANI reported late on Thursday. As per reports, a seven-month-old infant is among the dead. The cause of the fire is not yet known.

Panic gripped the area as the fire spread. A rescue operation is underway and it is expected that the death toll may rise. Police have also reached the spot.

Meanwhile, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has announced a financial aid of Rs 3 lakh each for the kin of those who died in the building collapse.

The incident came hours after a four-storey building collapsed during wee hours on Thursday. At least eight persons, including labourers, are feared trapped under the debris, Zee News had reported. Three National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) teams are present on the site, carrying out the rescue operation.

The building was located in Ullawas region of Gurugram (Gurgaon) district in the state.  “Building was unstable and was being built without any technical expertise. Almost 150 people are carrying out rescue operations. We are being told that 6-7 people are trapped under the debris but the exact number is yet to be ascertained,” said Sanjeev Singla, SDM Gurugram.

In a similar incident on January 4 in Delhi, seven people, including a child, were killed and eight injured after a portion of a factory manufacturing ceiling fans collapsed under the impact of a blast in its furnace in Sudarshan Park.