New Delhi: Almost a week after Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman walked back into Indian territory, reports have emerged on the treatment he was meted out during the 60 hours he spent in Pakistani captivity.

An official, part of the team debriefing him, spoke exclusively to The Hindustan Times and revealed that the Indian Air Force pilot walked back through the Attari-Wagah border in Punjab- sleep deprived, injured and mentally agonised.

Latest set of developments suggest that Pakistani officials played blaring loud music and made him stand for long hours, in a bid to break his morale and extract crucial information.

Read: ‘JeM Not in Pakistan,’ Claims Their Military, Contradicting Foreign Minister Qureshi

But Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman did not give away, exclaimed a senior defence official. He explained how officers of the Indian armed forces are trained to hold-off information, while in captivity, for as long as possible- which gives the Indian side ample time to change deployments and transmitting frequencies.

The same HT report also adds that at least three to four separate teams comprising a select group of officers are debriefing the Wng Cmdr on various aspects of his captivity.

It was reported earlier that Wng Cmdr Abhinandan returned back with a black eye, fractured ribs and some injury to his spine. The IAF pilot underwent a medical checkup at Army’s Research and Referral (R&R) hospital in the national capital a day after he was handed over to India at Attari-Wagah border by Pakistan. “He has an uncomplicated rib fracture. It could have been either due to the fall or people there hurting him. He doesn’t remember which one it was,” the official was quoted as saying in a report by Economic Times.

The Indian Air Force fighter pilot was captured by the Pakistani Army on February 27, when his MiG 21 Bison was shot down in an aerial dogfight with PAF (Pakistan Air Force) in PoK, following Pakistan’s violation of Indian airspace earlier that day.