Mumbai, Jul 4 : The Bombay High Court today asked Central Railway and Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai to seek expert advice from the Defence Ministry for constructing a temporary foot over bridge (FOB) at Sandhurst Road in south Mumbai so that people need not cross railway tracks. The temporary FOB was required as the Hancock bridge was demolished earlier this year and that it would take time to reconstruct it. Also Read: High Court refuses to quash rape, molestation case against teacher Also Read - Coronavirus: After Western And Central, Southern Railway Orders Withdrawal of Blankets, Curtain in AC Coaches

The high court was hearing a public interest litigation filed by activist Kamlakar Shenoy, raising concerns after the death of a student who was using the railway tracks to cross over from one side to other earlier this year following the demolition of the bridge. Both the railways and the civic body had earlier told the court that it would not be feasible to construct a temporary bridge at the spot. A division bench of Justices S S Kemkar and M S Karnik, however, asked both the authorities to contact the Defence Ministry and seek advice from it. Also Read - Mumbai Mega Block Latest News Today: Local Trains on Central And Western Railway to be Hit



The court observed that the army has posts in remote areas in the country and hence, may be able to help and provide its expertise. The court, meanwhile, directed the corporation to start mini-bus services, possibly within every five minutes for people to cross from one side to the other. The civic body agreed to this suggestion and assured the court that the bus service will start soon. The court then posted the matter for further hearing on July 27. Also Read - Prisoners Can't Vote, Delhi High Court Dismisses Plea, Says Right to Vote Not Fundamental