Himachal Pradesh Lockdown News Today: As the coronavirus cases went down in the state, the Himachal government on Wednesday relaxed restrictions and allowed the good carriers to commute for medical purposes. The state government also allowed the people to commute on weekends for medical purposes as well.Also Read - Uttar Pradesh Lockdown: Govt Revises Guidelines, Allows 100 People In Weddings, Other Gatherings | Guidelines Here
Issuing fresh guidelines, the state government said that children below 18 years of age accompanied by parents with vaccination certificates (double doses) or negative RT-PCR reports are also excluded from restrictions. Also Read - Head to The Himalayas For a Green Luxury Destination Wedding. Check Details
Earlier in the day, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur said that the state is fully geared to tackle a third wave of Covid and he urged people to participate in the vaccination drive against the disease. The chief minister said the state is in a good position to handle any emergency situation. Also Read - Long Covid-19 in Kids Does Not Last More Than 12 Week Says Study
“The state government has launched the vaccination campaign at a large scale, and Himachal Pradesh is among the leading states in this campaign,” he said.
Earlier, the state government had issued guidelines for the “phase-wise” reopening of coronavirus-induced restrictions in the state and allowed economic activities to resume their services from June 23.
Copy of the unlock notification:
Full list of guidelines:
- In the guidelines, the state government had allowed businesses to operate from 9 AM to 8 PM.
- The restaurants can operate till 10 PM.
- The state government further said people from other states can travel to Himachal Pradesh without an e-pass.
- The state government also started the inter-state transport bus services from July 1.
- The government allowed a maximum of 50 people for indoor social gatherings.