Mumbai, Mar 12: Though the government is assuring security of the data collected by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), your Aadhaar card is vulnerable to misuse. Many may not have linked Aadhaar to their bank accounts or PAN card fearing that the 12-digit unique identity number or biometric IDs could be misused. So before linking Aadhaar to mobile number or bank account, if you want to check the history of your Aadhaar card usage, the UIDAI has on option for it.
You can visit the UIDAI’s official website – uidai.gov.in – and easily track the history of your Aadhaar card. Follow the steps given below and know the history of your Aadhaar card usage:
- Visit the official website of the UIDAI – uidai.gov.in
- Go to the Aadhaar services tab and click on Aadhaar Authentication History
- Enter your unique Aadhaar number
- Click on ‘Generate OTP’ after filling the security code given in the box
- Select the type of authentication you want to check from a list of options
- The options available are: Biometrics, demographics, OTP, demographic & biometric, biometric & OTP and demographic & OTP. If you wish to check every entry made through your Aadhaar, select the ‘All’ option.
- Enter the date range for which you want to retrieve the history of your Aadhaar card usage
- Enter the generated OTP and click on ‘Submit’ to get the details
UIDAI provides a mechanism to lock the biometric information and prevent any misuse. Follow the steps to lock/unlock biometrics:
- Visit resident.uidai.gov.in/biometric-lock
- Enter your Aadhaar number
- Enter security code/captcha
- Receive the OTP
- Lock your Aadhaar