Feb 23: There’s a lot happening across the country and if you are pressed for time this weekday, we bring to you your daily roundup of news, with the morning news bulletin. Here’s all that’e been making news in India today!
1. JNU: Sting operation on lawyers reveals Kanhaiya Kumar was tortured for three hours in jail!
In a shocking admittance by the lawyer goons who had roughed up teachers and students of JNU and Kanhaiya Kumar’s supporters, they had beaten up Kumar in jail, until he peed in his pants. The lawyers admitted on tape that they thrashed Kumar for three hours, in a sying operation conducted by the English news channel. Read more here.
2. Jat Stir: 18 dead; Manohar Lal Khattar to meet BJP committee today
In the conflagration that has spread in North Indian states due to the Jat community’s demands for reservation in central government jobs, the death toll has risen to 18, with as many as 150 people severely injured. Haryana chief minister Manohar Lal Khattar was called to Delhi and will meet a BJP committee today to resolve the issue. Read more here.
3. Budget session to begin today; JNU, Rohith Vemula suicide likely to hinder deliberations
The deliberations of the Budget to be presented on February 29, will begin today and the discussions are expected to be mired by several issues that have captured the attention of the common man in recent times. Amongst the most prominent are the JNU Row, the suicide of Dalit scholar Rohith Vemula and the Jat reservation row. Read more here.
4. Tribal activist Soni Sori’s condition stable; Chhattisgrah police deny hand in attack
Aam Aadmi Party tribal activist Soni Soru, who was attacked by unidentified people who threw a black chemical on her, was admitted to a hospital in Delhi yesterday and her condition has been declared stable. Meanwhile, the Chhattisgarh police has denied having a hand in the attack. Read more here.
5. Mumbai restaurant to serve ‘free’ dish celebrating Sanjay Dutt’s release
An overjoyed Noor Mohammadi hotel is celebrating Sanju baba’s release in a special manner- by serving dish named after him, free of cost! The hotel situated in Mumbai’s famous Mohammed Ali Road, will serve the dish for free on the date of the Bollywood actor’s release. Read more here.
6. Pakistan Super League Final Quetta Gladiators vs Islamabad United: Free cricket live streaming & live score of PSL T20 final
Catch live streaming and live score of Quetta Gladiators vs Islamabad United Pakistan Super League (PSL T20) final at Dubai International Cricket Stadium. The best two teams of PSL T20- Gladiators and United battle it out to lift the inaugural title. For Live Streaming links, click here.